[SU CLUBS] Distress on Campus Club's November Event

Clubs Office clubsoff at ucalgary.ca
Thu Nov 21 12:10:07 MST 2013

>From the Distress Centre on Campus Club:

Hello!

The Distress Centre on Campus Club would like to let you know about an event that we are hosting in
a few weeks. It would be wonderful if you are able to pass this message along to your executive
teams, club members, and other staff/students you have contact with.

The DC on Campus Club is partnering with I Meditate Calgary to conduct an hour long meditation
session from 5 - 6:00 p.m. in the Escalus room.

In this 1 hour 'Mind-Body Wellness' session, we have a qualified meditation/yoga instructor coming
in to lead guests through a combination of simple Yoga Asanas that will work the muscles and joints.
In addition, guests will be taught breathing exercises to increase the lung capacity, which in turn
help to flush out stress and toxins from the system followed. The session closes off with a guided
Meditation to give total rest to the mind and body.

The session will then be rounded up with some interactive discussion which will also act as an
invitation to the I Meditate Calgary sessions across the city.

This is a great opportunity for all students! Whether you want to de-stress after midterm season, or
simply feel well-rested throughout the busy week, this event will be one you won't regret attending.

Remember to wear loose and comfortable clothing to this event. A water bottle is also recommended.

Please RSVP on Facebook if you are able to by following this link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/449179831859499/?source=1

Warmest Regards,

Manasi Mahashande & Shine Vazhappilly

VP Events, Director of Events