[SU CLUBS] Holiday Food Drive

Clubs Office clubsoff at ucalgary.ca
Mon Oct 28 14:18:48 MDT 2013

Dear Clubs/Student Organizations,

It's that time of the year again - November 19th - 21th is the annual SU Campus Food Bank Holiday
Food Drive! We are looking for clubs to sign up & compete with other clubs for bragging rights as
the winners of this year's competition.

Event Description: Campus clubs canvas at tables around campus for monetary and food donations.
Donations received by the clubs are then converted into a point total, with the top club winning a
prize.

This is an event that gives you the chance to help those in the campus community that find
themselves in need during the holiday season. The SU Campus Food Bank (CFB) serves students, staff,
faculty and alumni up to 2 years. The money raised is used by the Campus Food Bank for purchasing
food/supplies/etc. for our cliental.

The number of clients accessing the SU Campus Food Bank is unfortunately increasing. Do you want to
implement a humanitarian event/opportunity for your members? Of course you do! So sign up!

E-mail us at: foodbank at ucalgary.ca

Club name:

Your name:

Your position:

Club contact e-mail:

Phone (if available):

For your hard work, we'll be giving out some great prizes to the winning club at an Appreciation
Party and Awards Ceremony in the Red Room at The Den (all competing clubs invited) during the
evening of Wednesday, November 27th.

If your club is interested, you need to have an executive representative attend a brief orientation
meeting on November 13th at 5-6pm in the Desdemona room in the Conference Center. Please contact the
Campus Food Bank by November 8th to confirm your participation. If your club cannot attend this
meeting, but you would like to participate in the Food Drive competition, please contact the Campus
Food Bank at foodbank at ucalgary.ca or 403-220-8599.

Participating clubs are required to commit as much time as possible to their designated tables
during the three days (9am-4pm from November 19th-21st). More details will be provided at the
orientation meeting.

Thanks, and we look forward to your participation!

Your SU Campus Food Bank