[SUclubs-l] IMPORTANT: Campus Carnival Invitation

Clubs Office clubsoff at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jul 17 15:28:23 MDT 2012

Hello,

My name is Sarah Damberger and I am working with the Office of Leadership
and Student Engagement to plan this year's Orientation Week. I am emailing
you to invite you to attend this year's Campus Carnival on September 4th
during Fall Orientation. Campus Carnival is an event similar to clubs week
that features all campus resources and services available to first year
students. Campus organizations like Career Services, the Students' Union,
and CISSA will all be there, but clubs are also more than welcome to set up
a booth.

We are planning to run the carnival outside in the quad area by the Prairie
Chicken and Science B. If the weather does not cooperate, we will be having
the event in MacEwan Hall. That being said, we ask that there are no
electrical requirements for your display, as there will not be any
electrical sources available outside. Each participant will be responsible
for half of a table, just like clubs week, and must have a representative at
their table from 1:30-4:00 pm on Tuesday Sept 4th. Setup will take place
from 12:00-1:00pm. We encourage you to include some sort of game for
students to participate in, handouts, and, if available, some free swag or
prizes to give away. We are also trying to keep Orientation as sustainable
and waste free as possible, so it would be great if you tried to keep any
free swag or giveaways recyclable or waste free if possible. All display
content and pamphlets will need to be reviewed for appropriateness of
material. Someone will sign off on the material the day of after set up has
taken place.

If you are interested in participating in Campus Carnival again this year
please RSVP to eventso at ucalgary.ca by July 27th, 2012. Please do not
hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

All the best,

Sarah Damberger

Orientation Events and Communications Assistant

Office of Leadership and Student Engagement

University of Calgary

eventso at ucalgary.ca

403-210-9269