[SUclubs-l] IMPORTANT: New Semester Update and Reminders

Clubs Office clubsoff at ucalgary.ca
Thu Jan 5 13:15:11 MST 2012

Hello Clubs,

Welcome back! I hope everyone had a relaxing holiday.

Please see below for information about Clubs Week and the January Survival
Seminars

Clubs Week:

Winter Clubs Week is January 16th to 20th.

Please visit http://bit.ly/clubweek to sign up your club.

I will finalize and send out the table lists the week of January 9th.

The rules will be similar to Fall Clubs Week:

-          Clubs Week will run from 9:00am until 5:00pm.

-          There will be limited space around each table, please do not have
anything that will be on the floor.

-          There will be no powered music allowed (Stereos, etc.). It will
be shut off. If you are a music based club, please talk with me and I can
make an exception.

-          There is limited power, so you may only use it for laptops. No
TV's, Lights, Radios, Speakers, etc. There will be some extension cords
available.

-          If you do not show up by 12 noon, your table can, and most likely
will, be taken by another club.

You will get only one warning if you disregard these rules, then you will
lose your table for the day, possibly the rest of the week.

For clubs that did not get a table, or if you would like an additional day,
you may take any empty table after 12 noon.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!

Survival Seminars:

I will be holding a second round of Survival Seminars this month.

The dates are as follows:

January 24th:  11:00am - 12:00am - MSC Cassio A/B

January 25th:  12:00pm - 1:00pm - Executive Council Chambers

January 26th:  1:00pm - 2:00pm - Executive Council Chambers

Please note the rooms have changed, and the Clubs Manual is incorrect. I
have also changed them since my last email.

If your club had two representatives attend in September, then you DO NOT
need to attend the seminar again.

If only one representative was sent in September, or your club did not
attend at all, you will be required to have someone attend, otherwise your
room booking and funding privileges will be suspended until next September.

Thanks!

Henry Rosvick

Coordinator, Student Organizations

Students' Union, University of Calgary