[SUclubs-l] Gleedership

Clubs Office clubsoff at ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 14 15:51:22 MST 2011

As a university, there are many times in the past when all of us have come
together near the holidays to collect non-perishable food items, donate
toys, or give back to our campus or wider communities in any number of ways.

This year, I wanted to make you aware of, and encourage you and your teams
to attend Gleedership.

Organized by students in our Emerging Leaders and Sophomore Leadership
programs, Gleedership will showcase the talents of many gifted singers and
musicians, and will include special performances from both UC Idol
contestants and the UofC Operetta Company's January 2012 production of Guys
and Dolls. Gledership will be held over two nights, and each night will
feature a different program with different performers.

Tickets to Gleedership are $10, and all monies raised go to both the
Students' Union Adopt-a-Family program, and the Calgary Seniors' Resource
Society Adopt-a-Grandparent program.

The Adopt-a-Family program has offered assistance for over 20 years to
student families with limited resources to provide them with children's
gifts during the holiday season. The Adopt-a-Grandparent program looks for
Calgarians to adopt a senior, and with monies raised each senior receives a
stocking filled with goodies, which is also personally delivered by
volunteers who will stay and visit with them.

WHEN

Thursday, November 24, 8:00pm, and Friday, November 25, 8:00pm

WHERE

Boris Roubakine Recital Hall (Craigie Hall)

TICKETS

Tickets are $10 each, and can be purchased at the Campus Ticket Centre, or
at the theatre one hour before the start of the show