[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic seminars this term: Wed. 4:00-5:00pm

Robin Cockett robin at ucalgary.ca
Mon Jan 16 18:38:19 MST 2012

I am going to go ahead and schedule the first seminar this semester at
4:00-5:00pm on Wed.  18th January.

If this time does not work for people please let me know and we will
have a shot at changing it.

The first speaker will be Xuizhan Guo who will give an overview of his
PhD. thesis:

Time: Wed 18th January, 4:00-5:00pm
Place: ICT616
Speaker: Xuizhan Guo
Title: Products, Joins, Meets and Ranges in Restriction Categories

Abstract:  A survey will be given of:
          1. The partial product completion for restriction categories.
          2. The completeness theorem for join restriction categories in
partial map
               categories using M-adhesive categories and M-gaps.
          3. The completeness of meet restriction categories in partial map
               categories whose M-maps contain the regular monics (and a
construction
               for the meet completion).
          4. The generalization of Schein's representation theorem to range
              categories.

-robin